Sunday 1 March 2015

Our Week in Photos!

This post is brought to you by the wonderful condition called 'Sunday Afternoon Laziness'!  I took lots of photos this week and have lots of fun activities to share... but am feeling too lazy to organise them as anything other than a photo dump with quick captions. I hope you'll still find an idea or two that you'll be able to use in your classroom. :)

Tumbling Chimps is perfect for fine motor fun! I found it at Big W - they have lots of cheap games that would be wonderful for the classroom.


Kidlets used bingo dabbers to dot over a line...


...and if they had time, cut along the line through the middle of the dots.  Fine motor and scissor skills all in one!


 Tracing this week was with our new Scentos markers! Had to remind them not to sniff the pen directly. :) The room smelt so gorgeous all week.


New favourite maths game? Dino Dash!  This super fun game works on early addition concepts, or you can use it as a counting game for those who still need that practise.



We played Beach Bingo (part of Mel's bundle) - working on numbers to 10. 


My kidlets loved making a Flip Strip from Cara's pack!  This week we matched quantities to 5 as our easy review task.


We worked on representing numbers in different ways using counting cubes and ten frames.  I called a number, the kidlets built it and then told me how they had organised their cubes - 6 might be 3 and 3; 4 and 2; 5 and 1 etc.


During Literacy groups we played Stretchy Snake Bingo -  I love this as phoneme blending practise.  The caller says each word as individual sounds, and the kidlets have to blend them together to figure out if that picture is on their card.


It was a bingo kind of week - we played Brooke's Alphabet Bingo, using wooden letters drawn from a bag instead of calling cards.  


Our sight word work was stamping with playdough!

We used the pocket chart to sort Letters, Words and Sentences - this was a whole class activity that will be reviewed with an independent cut & paste task this coming week.



Last but not least - I love these colourful vases of flowers that we made as part of our phonics work.


Phew! That's all from me, friends. :) Enjoy the last of your weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Yeah I found lots of ideas from this post! For me it is a superb article. These colourful vases of flowers are looking stunning. I would try this method to teach my students at Phoenix pre-k. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a week you have had! Looks like you were very busy! I love your fine motor skills activities and the Math's games! Mel has such great resources, doesn't she!

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!