Saturday 31 January 2015

Five for Friday - Back to School!



Well folks, week one of 2015 is done and dusted! This year's kidlets are absolutely gorgeous and I'm excited to teach them this year. :) My Five for Friday this week is back to school style!



My classroom is set up this year much the same as it was last year. I decided to cover the horrible brown pinboards with fabric... I should have googled before I got started because the first ones I did have wonky edges! It's driving me mad every time I look at them. I got the hang of it eventually so might change out the dodgy ones.  Here's a few pics of my room!


Classroom library corner.


Small group teaching table.


Carpet space.


In amongst my purchases to get ready for the new year I bought 25 packs of Crayola crayons for 80c each.  We only have pencils and markers on our supply list and I wanted kidlets to have another option for their colouring and drawing.


Turns out that soap holders from the dollar store are the perfect solution for storing them!


I'm trying out something new this year for my classroom helpers/line leaders set up.  I had a pack of foam hand cutouts that I actually bought at Walmart years ago. Brought them all the way home to Australia and never had any use for them until now!


I wrote the names of my kidlets on them and made this very simple poster to stick them to.  Whoever is displayed on the hands gets to be the line leaders, tuckshop monitors and general classroom helpers.  This week I kept them the same as we got used to moving around the school, but I plan to change them twice a week.


We jumped right into maths this week by learning all about the number 1!  We sorted with the lucky dip bag:


One


not one!


 We made these gorgeous Number Crowns...


...and reviewed with these cute worksheets!


My kidlets were pretty worn out after their first week of Prep.  We did this torn paper activity for some quiet time. :)


Each kidlet had a template with their name and first letter.  We cut the strips and they tore and glued the pieces on.


I know, I know... they desperately need a border, but cute doesn't always win. :)

That's all from me today! I hope you are having a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

1 comment:

Thanks for popping by!