Saturday 6 December 2014

Currently December!

Oh my... I am so late to the Currently party it's not even funny!  I do have a good excuse though - my seriously slack blogging lately has been a result of end of school year madness!  With report cards, organising our Christmas concert and staff party and getting my Preppies ready to move on to Year 1 I've been frantically busy for the last month or so.  Now that I'm finally on holidays I'm planning to pop by here much more regularly. What better way to get back on track than with Farley's linky?


Listening: I was woken up this morning by a huge clap of thunder.  We get thunderstorms almost daily here in Summer - the ones in the morning usually have a tonne of thunder, but the evening storms can be quite dangerous with lots of rain, lightning and hail.

Loving: Speaking of waking up - how glorious to open your eyes and realise that it's the first day of a six week break from school!!  My plans today involve coffee, the couch and Pinterest to celebrate. :)

Thinking: I sat for a long time wondering what to add as my 'Thinking' item and then realised that my mind is completely blank.  After a very, very busy term organising our Christmas concert and staff party, writing report cards and getting my Preppies ready to move on to Year 1 it is really wonderful not to have a giant list of things to do whirling around in my brain.  I'm sure I'll soon start thinking of next year and everything I have to do to get ready for that, but at the moment it's tumbleweeds!

Wanting: End of school year madness means that my house is in desperate need of a thorough cleaning.  Any volunteers?? :)

Needing: My school finishes up a week before the public schools do, so I would really like to get my Christmas shopping mostly finished before the malls are full of kids! I have bought some very cute gingerbread man wrapping paper, but that's as far as I got.

Giving: Do you use Three Ring?  Although this isn't a super exciting or Christmassy piece of advice it's one that will save you a tonne of time.  Visit Three Ring to set up your class profile and then use the app on your iPad or iPhone throughout the year to save notes, photos or videos of your kidlets reaching their learning goals.  You can save the evidence into categories - Spelling, Reading, Number, whatever you want! - and then review each child's progress in each area during the year and for report cards.  Oh, and it's FREE! :)

Well friends, the time has come for me to make another coffee and do some pinning.  I hope that wherever you are your weekend is relaxing and fun.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Three Ring tip! I've never heard of it but I look forward to it! I'm patiently awaiting for the cleaning elf to pay me a visit... but I don't think he is coming. Have a Merry Christmas!

    Primary on the Prowl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your break! I need that cleaning fairy too, if you find her send her my way next...lol. I have never hear of the three ring app. Sounds very interesting, I am going to have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!