Saturday 21 June 2014

Five for Friday!


Last week, I was #1 on the Five for Friday linky!  This week I'm going to be about #90 because I've been spending time with my gorgeous nephew instead of stalking Doodle Bugs until she posted, like I did last Friday night. :)  Here are my five random moments for today:


If you're here that means that you can see my GORGEOUS new blog design!  I was so excited to work with Kerri from The Cutest Blog on the Block and she did an amazing job of designing just what I wanted.  I gave her a few ideas to start with - colours and patterns I like - and she took it from there.  The whole process was very quick and painless, if you're in the market for a new design I would highly recommend TCBOTB. :)


We're right in the middle of Winter here in Queensland.  That means the weather is just perfect for taking 'Read to Self' outside!  This week we took our book boxes with us and enjoyed the sunshine.


I've got a few new books to add to the classroom library, too!  After they've been covered these guys will be added to the collection.


Thanks Mum!


Our phonics focus this week was 'c' - spelt with c, k and ck.  We sorted words into hoops...


...made a poster...

This was my fave - she spelt the words all by herself and the drawings are just too cute!
...and made paper plate crowns.




To make these we just painted paper plates and decorated them with sparkles.  My TA used a craft knife to cut an asterisk shape in the centre and folded the triangles up.  The kidlets were super excited to wear these home to show their parents! :)


Tomorrow I'm heading out shopping to try and find some furniture for my office space.  I pinned this image and am determined to find a desk just like this one:


If you're in Australia and you know where I can find one, please leave me a comment!


I have one more week with my kidlets this term and then it's holidays!!  Although I have a tonne of things to get done, the fact that I only have to survive 5 more days is enough to make me feel really relaxed.  So tonight I'm whiling away my time watching a random movie (National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, anyone?) while waiting for 'Say Yes to the Dress' to come on!  In the ads I'm working on a product for TpT that combines fine motor with 2D shape knowledge.  I snapped a pic during my favourite part of Christmas Vacation - when Clark turns the lights on. :)


I hope wherever you are, you're enjoying a relaxing weekend!















6 comments:

  1. Love your new blog design, Lauren. Such beautiful colours!

    I've long-since stopped covering my books... I have a habit of getting too many, too often and we spend a LONG time talking about proper handling of books in my classroom. But your collection of Dr. Seuss books reminds me one of my kiddos put in a request for Dr. Seuss as our library reading theme next term. (Need to find where all my Dr. Seuss books have ended up!)

    Also, love the Soundwaves posters!

    Stef @ Miss Galvin Learns

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new blog design looks great! I love it!, Can't wait to see your latest product finished, I know 2 boys who I could use that with. Enjoy your last week at school.

    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome new blog design, lovely colours!! Enjoy the last week of term. I'm hanging out for the linking maths manipulatives things to come back into stock on the Modern Teaching Aids website so my kids can have a go at your link up numbers pack!

    Jemima
    Luck's Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you can find the desk. Looks like you found some great books to add to the classroom library! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren, I love your office inspiration!! :) Hope you found something similar. I am your newest follower!
    Miss Augustine's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new blog design is fabulous! I'm intrigued by your need to cover your classroom library books. What do you cover them with?

    Susan
    Passioninportableland

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!