Thursday 2 January 2014

It's {Currently} January!

I must admit that when the first 'Currently' posts started popping up the other day I got a bit of a fright. January, already?  Even though I'd stayed up to see the new year in just the night before, it's not until Farley's linky that the reality of 2014 set in. :)  


Listening: I live right by the beach so during holiday seasons, and particularly Christmas, there's lots of 'tourists' visiting to enjoy the sun.  This time of year most people bbq on their balconies, so around dinner time there's lots of talking, laughing and noise of kids playing.  It's nice! :)

Loving:  Not sure how I'm going to get used to the 5am alarm again, but at the moment I'm truly taking advantage of the time to sleep in.  2 more weeks!

Thinking:  I'm starving, so my eye fillet steak sizzling away is going to go down a treat when it's all ready. I'm having potato and greek salads with it. I've got Malteasers for dessert, too.  Yum!!

Wanting:  We're having a heatwave at the moment, with temperatures almost at 40 degrees and expected to get hotter than that over the next few days.  That makes time at the beach way too uncomfortable after about 9am (unless you're there just for a swim).  That combined with my aforementioned sleeping in means that I haven't been spending as much time there as I usually would.

Needing:  I know that the more I get done before we go back for our pupil free days the more relaxed I will feel about starting the new school year, so I need to set myself some daily goals to work through the to do list of projects and organising I'd like to do.  Wish me luck!

Favourite Memory: Each Christmas Day my Mum's extended family meet at one of our houses for an afternoon/evening party.  We swap presents, have dinner, dance and chat.  There's a lot of us (about 40 this year but usually more than that) so it's usually noisy and fun.  

Better get to eating my dinner and watching a repeat of The Bachelor finale (Sean's season).  Go link up and join in on the Currently fun!

Lauren

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren! I really need to get started on my back to school to do list too! I love your blog!
    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue,
      Thanks for stopping by! Unfortunately as soon as we cross things off the school to do list there's anther 10 more to add to the bottom. :) Good luck with yours!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lauren! I have to admit while I do miss the warmer weather, I do not miss the heat waves! Sounds like you have had a great Christmas break.
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania,

      You wouldn't miss it today - already 30+ and rising, with tomorrow forecast to hit 40+. Thank goodness for the sea breeze! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Lauren, I had to get out my converter to figure out what your temps were! pretty pathetic! It sounds like you live in a very pleasant place, next to the beach, how awesome! I am also working up to doing my homework, but I'm waiting until the last minute. Enjoy your time without that alarm clock, Paula @ educating children with disabilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula,
      I have to google the conversions when bloggers talk in degrees F, too! I do live in a beautiful place, I'm very lucky.
      I stopped past your blog a few times but the comment button wouldn't load - I'll keep trying. :)
      Thanks for visiting!
      Lauren

      Delete

Thanks for popping by!