Saturday 20 July 2013

Favourite Pins Friday!

Friday linkys are a great way to remind you that another week has just flown by at warp speed!  This week my kidlets spent most of their time inside due to rainy weather, so by Friday afternoon they were cranky with cabin fever.  After a busy week with barely a break this tired teacher was asleep at 8pm last night!  That's ok though, it just means that I'm up nice and early this morning (it's Saturday already here!) to put together my Favourite Pins Friday post so I can link up with Cara from The First Grade Parade!


This week I found 2 quotes that are so perfectly relevant to some days at school!  I think I might print and frame them for my office. :)

Source
Source
This term I'm trying to shake up my writing instruction to really engage the kidlets.  At this stage, the mechanics of writing are so consuming for them that they sometimes view writing tasks as a marathon to overcome.  I think these story bags will really get them excited to write!  All you need to do is fill them with objects to inspire a story.  I'm going to do this as an oral language activity before it moves to a Writing Workshop task. 

Source
I'm looking forward to completing some of these art project with my kidlets.  Simple ideas with really effective results!  There's 5 lessons in the original post.

Source
Wardrobe inspiration for the week!  Love this bright yellow combined with denim and neutral accessories.

Source
I am obsessed with this bedroom... but it does look expensive! :)

Source
Ok, time for me to make a confession... my secret pinning obsession is cute puppies!  I just die every time I see one, and have probably pinned way more than a girl of my age should have!

Source
Source

Follow me on Pinterest if you'd like.  

Happy Friday everyone!  I hope you have a lovely, relaxing weekend. :)

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren
    Your blog looks fabulous and I am now a follower. My favourite poster sign reads, keep smiling and pretend it's on the lesson plan!
    Julie:-)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!