Friday 24 May 2013

Finally Five for Friday! 24/05/13

After a looong week fighting the flu I'm so glad that it's finally Five for Friday!  Link up with Doodle Bugs to share your highlights of the week that was. :)


1.  This snake skin was brought in by one of my kidlets for her 'Show and Tell' and is currently on the 'Discovery Table' in my classroom freaking me out every time I walk past.  I thought a metre long snake skin was bad enough... until one of my teaching partners found a FOUR METRE LONG skin just outside the playground fence while she was retrieving a soccer ball.  The snake that lived inside this skin was a nice, big, fat one - the middle section would be a good 10 centimetres wide.  We are hoping that it has slithered off far away into the bush!


2. Check out these gorgeous collages that my kidlets made today!  I was so impressed.  I think it was the Mozart playing that inspired such beautiful artwork. :)


3. We have been studying 'The 5 Senses' in Science and had a culminating day where all 3 Prep classes rotated around activities that celebrated the wonderful ways we can use our senses.  There was cooking, making musical instruments, a tactile walk and these jars of coloured sands that are beautiful to look at using our sense of sight.  We used cooking salt and chalk - aren't they cool? (And yes, our 5 year olds did all the work to make a jar each!)





4.  My Friday night plans involve the couch, my snuggy and a hot water bottle...


5. ...as well as a few of these babies.  Yes, I am just that cool!


Happy Friday friends!  

Lauren







10 comments:

  1. We're also doing "My 5 Senses"! I've got a freebie on my blog for it if you wanna check it out! We've already finished Sight, but I like your sand jar idea. Might try incorporate it into one of the other senses somehow :)

    Danielle
    Apples, Ink and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danielle,

      I'll have to check out your freebie! We're done with the senses for this year but I can keep it for next time. :)

      Lauren
      Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon Lauren! I've been under the weather this week too but stuck it out as I counted down the hours until the weekend hehe. I absolutely love your salt jars - the kids did an awesome job making them!

    Casey
    Lifelong Learners in Prep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Casey,

      I was counting down hours this week too! Thank goodness for the weekend and a sleep in. :)

      Lauren

      Delete
  3. Lauren I love the collages, the jars and the fact that you have a snuggy and are going to watch those movies - good on you! (love most of them too!)
    Paula
    Paula’s Place and coming soon iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula,

      I was so impressed with the collages, the kidlets did such a lovely job. :) I've had my day on the couch with the DVDs so today I need to try to find some motivation and get to the beach!

      Lauren

      Delete
  4. After your comment on my blog I had to come check yours out too. I'd just like to say the thought of a giant snake on the playground makes me want to die! We had bears on the playground growing up, but snakes? YUCK! I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg in Australia...

    Hope you're feeling better soon!
    Margaux

    The Imaginary Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! We do have lots of scary creatures, but luckily they are pretty hard to find most of the time. They like to stay away from people. And we are hoping that the huge skin was from a python and not something venomous. :)

      Delete
  5. I feel the same about the snake skin...ick....luckily there are none in the wilds where I live! Still there are crazy people who have them as PETS. The collages are amazing! I love seeing what kids can come up with on their own! Your evenings plans look perfect, my fave is seven brides..have a lovely weekend and thank you for sharing! Paula @ http://educatingchildrenwithdisabilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula,

      Thanks for stopping by. My Friday evening was definitely perfect... I sat on the couch for much too long and hibernated. :) Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

      Lauren

      Delete

Thanks for popping by!