Saturday 18 May 2013

Fabulous 'Five for Friday'! 17/05/13

Happy Friday everyone!  I'm linking up again with Doodle Bugs for the wonderful Five for Friday party. :)


1. Winter has officially arrived in Queensland!  I had to wear a cardigan to work yesterday morning!



2. Last weekend I got to spend some time with my gorgeous nephew Mack.  We were at my parents house for Mother's Day. Isn't he sweet?



3.  This week my kidlets learnt all about the letter 'w'.  We made 'Worms in Mud' as a tasty treat.  Gummy worms, chocolate pudding and Milo on the top for dirt.  Seriously gross - but the kids absolutely loved them!



4.  I posted my first paid item to TpT this week.  I still feel nervous when I think about it!

Sweet Treats - A Sight Word Game

5.  Something tells me that my kidlets are getting tired... Prep is hard work! :)



This was a super short Five because (although it's Saturday here) I'm off to work for our school Open Day.  I'm hoping to take some photos of my room to post - taking advantage of it's tidiness! I think I'm going to be jealous later today when I read posts written by all those lucky Northern Hemisphere teachers who are on their Summer holidays.  We are only almost halfway through our year!

Link up and share your 'Five for Friday' too!

Lauren

8 comments:

  1. Your kidlets are precious and I love that you call them kidlets. ;)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brandee,
      They are precious - as I'm sure yours are too! :)
      Lauren

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the deleted post - I had a brain fade and didn't check the spelling. I love that you have posted my Aussie blogger pic - thanks.
    The worms in mud look gross - but my preps would be delighted to have them too! Winter is coming fast and I already miss summer.
    Paula
    Paula’s Place
    and coming soon
    iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula,
      Thanks for making those Aussie blogger pics - they are great!
      It feels a lot like Winter here today - I'm supposed to be going out but all I feel like doing is snuggling on the couch! :)
      Lauren

      Delete
  4. Yay! Congrats on your first unit - that's awesome! That little guy is adorable! I want to do the same thing some days!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly! I'm hoping to get some more TpT things together soon now that I've got the nerve-wracking first one out of the way. :)
      Lauren

      Delete
  5. Your five made me smile! I am loving the Winter weather but it's very hard to get out of bed in the morning. Your worms are so cool - my boys would absolutely love them. I'll have to remember it for our creepy crawly unit later in the year! I had a giggle at your last picture - one of my boys fell asleep while doing rotation activities with me yesterday!

    Casey
    Lifelong Learners in Prep

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!