Monday 4 March 2013

Retail Therapy!

Sometimes rain is wonderful.  When I was in Calgary last year I would actually daydream about the sound of the rain on the roof and the clean smell in the air after a shower - it's so dry there even though there's so much snow!  This afternoon with a coffee, Little Women on the TV and a whole hour to while away reading blogs (I've set myself a time limit because I have so much stuff to do for school!) the rain outside makes the couch feel extra cosy.  Other times, however, the rain stinks.  We've had nothing but rain (seriously, torrential rain) since the end of January.  Everything is damp, the beaches are closed and I am aching for some time in the sun!  I decided to venture out for some retail therapy to cheer myself up and to try to forget about the depressing weather.



Forever New is my absolute favourite store! I grabbed this super cute very practical cover for my phone there for a few dollars..


I have a pair of leopard print flats that I bought in Canada and have almost worn to death, so when I saw these ones at Kmart on sale for $5 I decided I had to have them. I love Kmart shoes, they are so cheap that you can have a pair to match every outfit without feeling guilty.


I moved into my new apartment a few weeks ago and there are lots of little shelves around the place that I need to fill with cute things. I picked up these bottles, frame and birdie for about $10 total - bargain!

I hope wherever you are the weather is nicer than here!  :)

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the rain - it's very rare that you will hear me complaining about it and I'm still not quite at that stage yet. I am sure if I have another wet weather break at school I will quickly change my mind though! Or if I have to get out of bed while it's raining - I hate that haha

    Love your bargain buys - the little birdie is very cute!!

    Casey
    Lifelong Learners in Prep


    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!