Thursday 24 January 2013

Back to school!

This time last week I was in the air somewhere between Calgary and Brisbane, flying home after my year of adventure living in Canada!  In the time that I've been back, I've certainly hit the ground running.  After a hideously jet-lagged weekend I went back to school on Monday for a week of pupil free days.  In typical style meetings were scheduled for pretty much all day Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Today when I tried to get stuck into planning I had all sorts of problems trying to print and find things on the network. (Should I be complaining when I was handed a brand new Macbook Pro and iPad when I arrived on Monday? Probably not!)  Tomorrow I need to get my classroom organised and decorated, as well as prepare for interviews and testing of our new little Preppies next week.

In amongst all of that I've had a little bit of time to catch up with friends and family... but not enough time to unpack my suitcases!  Stay tuned for before and after classroom photos. :)

Lauren 

2 comments:

  1. Wow I would enjoy being given a Macbook Pro! My Dell laptop that they gave us a few years back is getting a bit old! We were also each given an iPad last year and I love it! I used it last semester for recording observations, parent meeting notes etc

    A year living in Canada sounds like fun! I only lasted 6 months living in London before I got homesick, but I was only 19 at the time!

    Learning is Rosey with Mrs Josey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!